Cristiano Ronaldo's ex-girlfriend to speak with rape accuser's lawyers

An attorney for the woman who accused Cristiano Ronaldo of sexual assault is expected to travel to London to interview with a purported former girlfriend of the Portuguese soccer star, the law firm representing the alleged victim confirmed to USA TODAY Sports and other outlets Tuesday night.

Jasmine Lennard, a model and former "Big Brother UK" cast member, offered to assist Kathryn Mayorga’s case against Ronaldo via Twitter last week. Mayorga alleged in a lawsuit filed last September that Ronaldo sexually assaulted her and his representatives obstructed a criminal investigation of the alleged rape in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.

“I can confirm that Leslie Mark Stovall has spoken to Ms. Leonard regarding Cristiano Ronaldo,” Larissa Drohobyczer, an attorney at Stovall & Associates, said in an email. “Mr. Stovall’s travel to London England will be based upon his discussions with London lawyer Jonathan Coad and his client Jasmine Lennard.”

Cristiano Ronaldo is in his first season with Italian club Juventus.

Cristiano Ronaldo is in his first season with Italian club Juventus. (Photo: TIZIANA FABI, AFP/Getty Images)

In a Jan. 8 tweet, Lennard wrote “I have information that I believe will be beneficial to your case and I would like to help you.”

On that note and after much thought i am reaching out to Kathryn Mayorga and her legal team to offer my assistance in her rape allegation against @Cristiano please contact me. I have information that I believe will be beneficial to your case and I would like to help you.

— QUEEN OF THE DAMNED (@Jasminelennard) January 8, 2019

Ronaldo has denied Mayorga’s allegations and his legal team told the British tabloids that Ronaldo has no recollection of meeting Lennard.

"He has not had a relationship with her and he has not had any contact with her, whether in the last 18 months as Ms. Lennard suggests, or otherwise,” one of Ronaldo’s attorneys told the Mirror.


Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said last week that it has sought a sample of DNA and made “an official request has been submitted to Italian authorities." Ronaldo, a former Manchester United and Real Madrid standout, currently plays for the Italian club Juventus.

A rape kit was performed immediately after the alleged 2009 rape but was not processed because Mayorga chose not to pursue the case. Mayorga agreed to a $375,000 settlement that included a non-disclosure agreement.

Follow USA TODAY Sports' A.J. Perez on Twitter @byajperez.

Autoplay

Show Thumbnails

Show Captions

Last SlideNext Slide

Thank you! You're almost signed up for Sports

Keep an eye out for an email to confirm your newsletter registration.


Source

Comments